I wanted to give another testimony to how God provides for His children. Some of you have heard tidbits of this story but I wanted all of you to hear of how God took care of our family yesterday. Andy was going to preach Sunday (our today - this has already happened for us and the Lord spoke through Andy even through using a foreign language of how Jesus was promised and prophesied as the Everlasting King/Messiah from long ago through the propeht Moses, the prophets, Psalms, and throughout the New Testament, such as Peter's testimony about Jesus in Acts). Well I encouraged Andy to go prepare for his sermon somewhere else away from the house, so that he could get some good, uninterupted study time. He did just that. Meanwhile, the girls and I were playing in the alley in front of our house. A neighbor came over with her daughter and we moved our little party into our garage which opens into the alley. I was talking with our neighbor when Anna began coughing and screaming. I ran into a room off of our garage to find a thick liquid coming out of Anna's mouth and out of her nose. Since we had been playing outside, she had gotten hot so there was a clear water bottle in that room with a clear water-looking liquid. However, it was not water - unknown to Anna - it was kerosene. Anna had drank kerosene. I grabbed the bottle and took a smell - I too did not know what the liquid was in the bottle - until I smelled it! I prayed a short prayer asking God to help me. Meanwhile, I looked at my neighbor and said "friend, what do we do?" I knew that we needed to get the fluid out of Anna and that Anna needed to drink water, other than that I was unsure. About that time, Anna begin vomitting up the kerosene and coughing hardly. After she stopped vomitting, I was able to convince her to drink some water, then I got her to lay down. My neighbor left, allowing me to call a friend - who is a dr by profession and also lives in our country and say "what else do I need to do?" He promptly brought over activated charcoal - which I mixed up with some kool-aid and finally was able to get Anna to drink it. After that, I got Anna to lay down and rest for a while after that. Our doctor friend was worried that some might have entered Anna's lungs while vomitting and coughing rather hardly. So we monitored her breathing for six hours after the episode, and then went to a hospital to have a chest x-ray done to make sure that none of the kerosene had gotten into her lungs. Praise the Lord, it had not! The Lord totally took care of our family, and to Him be all glory. I would have loved to called you or emailed you to say "Friend, please pray..." but there was no time - it was our mid-morning and for most of you - your middle of the night. But thank God that He knows what we need, and takes care of us, working His will in us through good and through difficult circumstances. Thankfully His will was for Anna to have no remaining kerosene in her little body and for her to be completely healed.
Also a lesson well learned for us as Mom and Dad. Our house helper was keeping the kerosene in an empty water bottle in a room off our garage that is always open and at any time the girls can walk in the room. Our helper didn't think about such a tragedy occuring, and we didn't know that it was there on the bottom shelf - available for the girls to reach. After the girls were resting in their naptime, I went through making sure there were no other hazardous, dangerous chemicals in reach of two toddlers.
Join us in thanking God for providing so wonderfully for our family, especially Anna. To God be the glory. Praise the Lord.
E-
No comments:
Post a Comment