3.09.2010

Long overdue update

Sorry its been a month since I have updated you on baby Faith. Well I am well into my 35th week, a huge praise to God. I know that all this is for His Glory. I left Singapore after being there over 2 weeks. Dr Chia there felt like Faith was growing well and my amniotic fluid was stable. So I returned not home but to the capitol where I will deliver Faith Caroline. And another wonderful blessing, to be joined back with my family.

I returned to my normal dr here and he still felt there were major issues with Faith. So... after consideration and consultation from another doctor, we decided to get a THIRD opinion from a different dr here in the capitol. The 3rd dr believes that Faith's head is small because of her breech position. And after reading on the internet, yes this does happen with some babies in breech position, interestingly enough. So after thoughts and prayers, we decided to change to the 3rd doctor. Yes at 32 weeks. I know its hard for some of you in the states to even fathom, changing a dr this late in the pregnancy... but that's how it goes out here sometimes.

If you remember, my Singapore dr... dr. Chia... had an original goal to make it to 34 weeks. We made it praise God! He has kept Faith safe and growing in my belly! Thank You Lord.

Now the issue we are battling is my amniotic fluids falling to all time lows. It has continued to drop since returning to our country here. I have seen it drop twice now. :( So my current doctor says that if it doesn't increase and only drops again by Monday, 15th then he will have to go ahead and deliver the baby. I am praying this does NOT happen. I have been trying to rest and drink as much water as possible. (which makes for MANY trips to the bathroom during the night)

So that is all I know for now. We are still praying for Faith to gain much weight, much growth in her tiny body, and for an increase in my amniotic fluid over the next five days. Please join us in praying for these things too. This has been a long journey of a pregnancy... one that will be hard to EVER forget... and one filled with much testing of my faith. Praise be to God. He is Perfect and I am so thankful that His ways are not my ways, even in times like these....

1 comment:

the morris gang said...

thanks for the update. continuing to pray for you all and faith. i can't believe how big the kids are...laz looks like a little man, miriam loos as big as i remember anna, and anna looks as tall as daniel!
love ya'll!
jennifer