Homeschool (because some of you have asked)
... well we are in week 5! of homeschool. And we are right in the thick of things! :) God has blessed our homeschool days, and so far I have been blessed at how well the kids are doing this year. Maybe part of the "good times" is that Anna is used to Mom being teacher now. We follow the Well Trained Mind book as our homeschool guide. She is in 2nd grade! CRAZY! Miriam is in K and she works on writing her numbers 0-20 right now, counting to 100, phonics (she is reading 3 letter words - well at this point she is still sounding them out but she is giving it an honest effort!). Lazarus is learning the alphabet. He gets to do some really fun stuff. I use two Abeka preschool (age 2) books for him - one about numbers and one about the alphabet! I also use things from Homeschool Creations (www.homeschoolcreations.com). We are actually taking a vacation next week but when we return i plan on taking pictures every now and then for some of you who asked and also for me, so that later i can go back and look at when they were "this little".
For now, here is a picture of our plain jane homeschool room. Pardon the mess! School in progress.
1 comment:
Thanks, Emily, I loved this post, and enjoyed looking at Homeschool Creations. I started just a few minutes daily with Graydon (2) last year and felt like some ideas and guidance would really help.
Glad you are encouraged. May God bless your investment in your kids!
Bethany Moore
(Off to FPO next week!)
Post a Comment