If you see, the title "Where I am From" then you can know that its a picture and description about something in our normal life here. Don't worry grandparents and family members, I will still post pictures of your sweet grandbabies and nieces and nephew. :)
Here is the first item up - our trash service...
Suprise, suprise.... you are right if you said, "Trash service? Where they live?" because there is no trash service where we live!
So our first two pictures describe where the "trash" of our day ends up.
I know. I know. Lovely right? Couldn't I have started on a brighter note? But hey, this is interesting too! :)
Compost pile. Any food item, not eaten by us humans, and the dogs or the cat will not eat, then comes out to our compost pile, which is off to the side of our house. Well not just anything comes out here, mainly just fresh food scraps. We honestly do not have many processed food items here. I mean, there are some processed foods available here but in general we don't buy them.
And here it is. The incinerator. AKA... the garbage can. This is where all trash that isn't recyclable or organic based goes here. Minus diapers. Those have a special place. But I didn't take a picture of that. :) Basically a big whole is dug in the ground and thats where the disposable diapers go. I was so good in using cloth for Miriam and Lazarus. However, since returning from our time in the States, I have been lazy about using the cloth diapers again. :( I keep thinking Faith will be two next month, and she is already interested in sitting on the toilet and then I will be rid of diapers forever. HaHAHA! Some people might cry at that thought, the Lord has given me great joy that my babies are growing up. Maybe one day, when my babies are a lot older, I may miss those pregnant and infant baby days... but not right now! But that's another blog, and one I won't be writing. Remember, mine was about the trash dump? Oh mercy. Anyway, next time I will bring something more lively and exciting. Wait this is still about my life right? Oh well, you know what I mean.
Have a great day.


No comments:
Post a Comment