3.06.2012

Where I Am From - pt 4

Just a reminder before we start this post, I am blogging about things that, for the most part, are a normal part of our lives. By you seeing the pictures and reading the description, it is my hope you will understand or at least see a bit more of our "normal" home life and community. 

 
 So this tree is diagonal from our driveway and yard. Nothing special about it right? Do you see how the earth has been rooted up around the tree? Does this mean anything to you? 




Remember those rubber trees in front of our yard? Those are the trees in the background of this picture. What I am trying to take a picture of is the rooted up earth. 


And one more picture of the rooted up ground. You see, this is pretty much a daily basis for the ground in front of our house. The cause? Wild boar. Every night (or at least most nights of the week), they come up and root up the ground right up to our fence. To be honest when we first moved in, I looked at the fence around our yard and was like "what is that? It looks like Fort Knox." But as we have been here longer, I have grown to be appreciative of our fence.  While yes it keeps the dogs in, it also keeps the wild boar out. I have no doubt that if we didn't have the fence and dogs, the earth in front of our porch would be turned over by these boar. I do have a picture of wild boar, but they are dead and not very pretty for my blog, so if you want to see them, my answer to that.... google it! :)  

This past week, hunters have come and caught 20+ boar on our farm. Crazy eh? A few days ago, Laz and I heard a man yelling down beside our house. We ran outside and could see nothing but could hear the hunters yelling at the hunting dogs and boar and trying to guide them in certain directions. 

And yes, this IS normal life for us. :)

No comments: