So what does this have to do with Cobra snakes that is in the title? Well two times over this past month we have had Cobra snakes in our yard. This isn't the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last, I feel sure. HOWEVER, we have found the snakes because of our three loyal, and only slightly annoying dogs. :) Last night, we had another intruder. We heard the girl dog about 2:30 am. We assumed it was a scorpion. The dogs commonly bark at scorpions so that we will wake up and come to kill it. Last night, Andy went outside thinking he was going to kill a scorpion. I bravely stayed in bed, thinking this was only going to take a minute like normal. :) Instead, it seemed like Andy was outside a while. I got up and went out our bedroom door that leads directly outside. When I went out, I could see Andy holing this pole tightly, so I asked him what it was. To which he replied, a snake. And then he said that he needed a big knife to kill the snake. I ran to the kitchen to see what I could come up with. My longest knife is a bread knife, it would have to make do.
When I went out, I realized the girl dog had blocked the snake against our house... on our step right outside our back door!!! YIKES!!! Andy was holding the pole tightly against the snake. The pole had a spade type blade at the end. Andy had managed to kill the snake with that tool!
But as it turned out, it wasn't just a cobra outside our back door, but a KING Cobra. Yuck.
So, as frustrated as I have been with the dogs pooping all our driveway and yard, and making big messes of this and that, I am thankful for those dogs! They have protected our family several times from cobras, scorpions, and other poisonous things. SOOO.. for today, the dogs get a treat! And that is what I mean about not biting the hand that feeds you. In the past, the dogs have protected us several times, and what they get from me is a tongue-lashing. This has been a good lesson for me today in gratitude!
1 comment:
Wow!! Yikes!!! What great dogs you have! So glad for your protection. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for all that the Father has provided for us.
Post a Comment