I had to write tonight because I think I am having a bit of “one of those days.” Right now as a matter of fact. How do I know this? Well I was getting ready to put Anna in bed when I saw something move, I seriously thought, is there someone in the house. (Andy is gone to exercise and Miriam has been asleep for two hours now). So I took Anna to the bathroom first – where I saw my favorite thing – A ROACH. But a walking roach. So I got out my handy dandy Pampered Chef roach killer with corpse carrier and was prepared to take it on when I saw my real match – the mother of all ROACHES! It was flying and landed on Andy’s pillow! AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Disgust! I think the thing is seriously like at least two inches long, and probably weighs 5 lbs! To kill it will be no small feat! So all this is going on, meanwhile I take Anna to the kitchen to take her cold medicine and there are ants everywhere on the counter! Great!!!!!!!!!! I did manage to get Anna in bed but she has managed to make her way out – even now. If it isn’t her – then it is that massive ROACH lurking through the house. I will try again. Next time… I will not fail!
Did I mention that while all this stuff was going on – I was first trying to study up for language class tomorrow. Do you see possible culture shock playing here?
And the irony of it all – I mean really – is that a neighbor was walking down the road near our house and I can hear him seriously whistling the song “so I am going on a jet plane, don’t know if I’ll be back again…” The irony of it all! I thought if only this man knew!
Oh well, just wanted to share my joy with you tonight! I am trying to "count it all joy." Even the roaches!
No comments:
Post a Comment