We have been blessed by God through the generosity of those we know dearly as our family and close friends, and by those whom are new friends. Such as Heide and her group out of Vonore, Joan from Maryville, our care group from IBC and Anna's 3 year old class from IBC.
Today was one such example of God's goodness and grace to us. I wasn't having a bad day, in fact, the day was going well with the girls. Anna was painting and Miriam was playing with playdough at the table when the postman (who rides a motorcycle) drove up and honked several times. If he only honks once, I know that he has thrown a card in our gate and I should go out and get it. But if he honks several times, and turns off his motorcycle - i know he has a package!!! Well, today was a three honk day! Whoo-hoo!
We received two packages today. I looked at the names, expecting it to be from family as that is who has normally been sending stuff - but no these names were not close family - it was from Joan and Heidi. I was shocked. I went back to the table where the girls were playing away. I opened one package and was blessed to find fun little things for the girls and a bday card for me. I opened the second and found more fun stuff like spice packets! Great! And then I was reminded that this goodness and blessing was our Precious Lord's doing. He was taking care of His children once again. Overwhelmed by His grace and generosity, the tears began to well up in my eyes.
Only last week we received a package that was missent to another COUNTRY! It was from our loved ones at IBC in Kentucky. And once again, the thoughtfulness and love of God's people to our girls and ourselves was overwhelming.
Thank you dear friends for loving my family and me. And thank you God for the grace we find in You and the character of Your Goodness and Love to Your children. All praise be to You forever and ever. Amen.
E-
1 comment:
This is the first time I have got to read your blogs. They were great, they really made my day. I hope everyone is doing good. We are praying for you guys regularly. I haven't heard if you know the sex of the next little Morris. My hunch is that it will be a boy and so will Dallas and Amber's. I have nothing to base this on just a gut feeling. God Bless you and the baby be it boy or girl. Your Brother in Christ David Johnson
Post a Comment